Do you know what is MS Word? Maybe yes because we use this word processor in our daily work. We will have many people who use MS Word. And it is very easy to use. But it is easy when you know something about it, you know how to use it. It was created by Microsoft on October 25, 1983. This is an application that is a part of Microsoft Suite.
MS Word is used to create documents, either it is blank in the beginning or has a template that is similar to all other Microsoft applications. By using this word you can make many things like the professional resume, cover letters, flyers, and so on. You can also create certificates, to do list as well. As the name suggests, you can type normal words in the document. You can also do any of the official work or documentation work. So today I thought why you should inform people about what Microsoft Word is all about so that the introduction of your MS Word will clear all the basics of Hindi. Then, without delay, let’s start and know about Microsoft Office Word.
WHAT IS MS-WORD?
Microsoft Word is a widely used commercial word processor that Microsoft has designed. If seen, MS Word is a component that is a Microsoft Office suite, which is a productivity software, but it can also be purchased on a stand-alone product.
It was first introduced in 1983 and after that its popularity has increased so much that it has been revised many times. Microsoft Word is now shared with both Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
Microsoft Word is called simply Word or MS Word.
Who created MS Word?
The first version was Microsoft Word of Life, Charles Simonyi, and Richard Brodie, who were first programmers of Xerox. He was hired by Bill Gates and Paul Allen in 1981. The first Word version, Word 1.0, was released in October 1983 for Xenix and MS-DOS. Since then, there have been many changes in it gradually and according to the need of users, it was also developed.
MS Word specialties
Let us know about some of Microsoft Word’s features that made the document creations and editing just as easy
1. Display of WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get): It ensures that any screen that is displayed on screen or appears on screen when it is printed or in another device When she was moved she appeared exactly as she was the first one.
2. Spell check: Word has a built-in dictionary to check Spelling; Any misspelled words are marked as a red squiggly underline. Sometimes, Word automatically auto-corrects itself, obviously misspelled word or phrase.
3. Text-level features such as bold, underline, italic, and strike-through
4. Page-level features such as indentation, paragraphing, and justification
5. External support: Word is very compatible with other programs, which are very common among other members of the Office suite.
How to run Microsoft Word in Window 10?
In Windows 10, there are about 512 apps in their All apps, you probably can not see any app shortcuts in this list. That was exactly what happened with Microsoft Word first. But later this issue was fixed in November Update, now Microsoft Word will now automatically download and install when it is available. If you did not update then update your OS.
Let’s know its steps:
1. Open the Start first.
2. In the App list, find and click the Office app you want to use, such as Word or Excel.
3. Then the Office page will open in the Windows Store, which you must install by lick.
4. Then you can use the newly installed apps, which you downloaded from the Office product page.
5. Then Got it! Click and start using Office.
How to uninstall Office apps from Windows 10 S
If you do not have Office 365 subscription or end, or apps are not working properly, then you should reinstall them, it is absolutely possible to uninstall apps in Windows 10 S together or to individually
How To Uninstall an Office App
1. Open Start
2. Then in the App list, select the app that you want to remove.
3. Right-click on the app, and select Uninstall.
4. Then click the Uninstall button and confirm
If Uninstall All Office Apps
1. Open Settings.
2. Click Apps
3. Then click Apps & features.
4. Select Microsoft Office Desktop Apps.
5. Click Uninstall
6. Then click on the Uninstall button to confirm it.
If you want to know how to make a resume in MS Word, then read it carefully. Microsoft Word is a very popular word document program all over the world. To write what kind of legal, formal, or personal paper you want to write, everything is different and there are its own formatting guidelines. So read the following guidelines properly and understand that you will know about the formatting of MS Word. Here are some MS Word Objective Questions and Answers for you.
Introduction to MS Word
A new user is very easy to understand. If you have never used it before, you will be able to use the above video or with the help of the given article.
1. Explore the Word User Interface
Familiarize yourself with such interface elements that hold all the formatting tools. You may have to enable tools for it in your toolbar. For this, you have to select Toolbars from View tab and then you have to choose “Standard”.
1. The menu bar is the area that is in the top of the screen and where you can find everything like File, Edit, View, and other important menu commands.
2. The Toolbar is directly below the Menu Bar and displays common tasks like saving, printing, and opening a document etc.
3. The ribbon is at the top of the workspace, below the Toolbar and organizes the features of Microsoft Word in categories such as the Home tab and the Layout tab.
2. Adjust your document’s alignment to
Different types of documents have different text alignments. You can choose whether you have left your document in left, right and center but for this, you just have to click on Alignment buttons in the paragraph section of Ribbon.
1. These are the same buttons that look like a small version of a document and contain small black lines according to the buttons alignment function.
2. You can see these alignment buttons in the center of Ribbon, after the Underline button and before the Bullets button.
3. Set the Line Spacing of Your Document
You can adjust the settings but for that, you have to click on Line and the Paragraph Spacing button. After using all the text that you type in this tool, it will follow the spacing that you have set.
1. Find the line and the paragraph spacing button in the Ribbon which will be in motion after the Alignment buttons. This button appears as a row of lines in which there are vertical arrows in the left of the lines and they make upward and downward points.
2. If you want to edit the spacing of the Mehjuda line and paragraph, then you have to highlight that context first and then click on it to edit the Line and the Paragraph Spacing button.
3. You can edit those lines and paragraph spacing, for which you have to click on the Format tab, in the Menu bar, which is at the top of the screen, you have to select “Paragraph” from the list, and You can select your desired spacing.
4. Most professional documents such as college essays and cover letters must be double-spaced.
4. Adjust the Page Orientation to
If you want to write the document in a different orientation, then click on the “Orientations” option in the Page Layout section on the Menu bar, and then select either Portrait or Landscape form from that drop-down list.
5. Change the Size of Paper
In the Page Layout section, which is in the Menu bar.
If you have to print the document in particular paper size, then click on the “Size” button, and select your desired size from the drop-down list.
Doing this will change the virtual size of this document that you are writing.
6. Adjust the document’s Headers and Footers
A header contains all the details that appear to be jokes in each page of the page.
1. If you want to set the document’s header, then double-click the topmost part of the page in which the header field will appear.
2. Adjust the document footers next to it. Footers are also the same as document headers. Where all text appears in the lower part of the page. Unlike the exact header.
3. Just like we did in the header, for the footer you have to double click on the bottom of the page, doing so will make the footer field appear.
4. You can also edit headers and footers in your page, for which you have to select the “View” tab from the Menu bar which is at the top of the screen and click on that option “Header and Footer “Which is in the list. Doing this will open the page’s headers and footers to edit or create.
7. Adjust the Margin
For this, you have to click on the “Margins” button in the Page Setup section, which is in the Page Layout tab and must be selected from the margin in the pre-defined margin settings, which is listed in the drop-down list.
If you want to choose your own margin measurements, then click “Custom Margins” which is in the bottom of the drop-down list, so you can select your customized margin.
8. Add Columns
If you want to create a newspaper-like document, for that you have to adjust the format of your documents and choose columns in Here you have to select the “Columns” option from the Ribbon and select the number and the alignment of columns of columns you want from the drop-down list. You can find these Columns button from the top row of the ribbon. This button has a green icon in which a small rectangle is divided into the half show.
1. If you have to choose one, two or three column, then you can use these preset options. If you need more then you can choose the option of “More Columns.”
2. Notice that the column option is completely different from the columns you get when you have to insert items into your documents such as tables.
9. Add Bullets and Numbers
Highlight the text you want to numbered or bulleted and click the Numbering or Bullets button in the Ribbon.
These buttons can be seen in the side by side of the Ribbon, after the alignment of the buttons. This numbering button displays three small lines in which the numbers are in the left of the lines and the bullets button displays three small lines with the bullet points and in the left of these lines.
10. Format Your Document Style
Standard built-in styles of all documents are, for example, Normal, Title, Heading etc.
In this, the default style of text is Normal. The template on which a document is based (for example, Normal.dotx) determines which style will appear in Ribbon and in which of the Styles tab.
1. Before you apply any style, you can see all the available styles and see their preview as to how they will appear when applied.
2. Under the Home tab or Format tab in the Menu bar, under Styles, you can select a style and then click on your desired style.
3. You can also click the Modify button in the Styles tab, in which you can create your own style.
4. By default, Word applies only to a paragraph style (for example Heading 1) in the entire paragraph. If you have to apply a paragraph style to a part of a paragraph, then you can modify only the specific part you want to have a change.
What type of file can be created and used in MS Word?
In the early version of Microsoft Word primarily used to create and use the .doc file extension Then the new version of the version is used in .docx file extension for use.
Here I have mentioned about all the file types that we can use in new Microsoft Word: –
.doc, .room, .docx
.dot, .dotm, .dotx
I hope you guys have MS Word (What is Microsoft Word in Hindi)? Given full information about and hope in you people will have come to understand what Microsoft Word is. If you have any doubts about this article in your mind or you want some improvement in it then you can write down comments for it. With your thoughts, we will get a chance to learn something and improve it. If you have enjoyed reading this MS Word of mine or have learned something from it, please share this post on social networks such as Facebook, Google+ and Twitter to show your happiness and curiosity.